This position is responsible for simultaneously coordinating and managing all aspects of multiple medical education programs from inception to completion.
These responsibilities entail the facilitation of a multidisciplinary project team, interfacing with support services within the company, meeting customer and management expectations, establishing strong client and faculty relationships, and ensuring that programs remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters.
The Project Manager is responsible for project team management, budget development, maintenance and reconciliation, keeping programs on time and focused on primary objectives, providing ongoing updates to internal team members and client contact(s), and resource management.
In order to perform these functions, the Project Manager must have strong verbal and written communication skills. He/she must also be highly organized, have experience leading a multidisciplinary team, be adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing activities, have strong management skills, and be able/eager to motivate others while maintaining a level head in high pressure situations.
Dedicated work ethic and accessibility of afterhours project support
Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients and faculty members.
Maintain and manage timely and professional written and verbal communications with colleagues, clients, educational supporters and faculty members.
Ensure customer expectations are met on all levels of project activity.
Establish and maintain a basic knowledge of relevant healthcare products, disease states, and medical education.
Assist in skills development and mentoring of team members.
Manage budgeting, financial monitoring, and reconciliation of individual programs.
Analyze and assess reporting associated to: coordinator workloads, reporting accuracy, budget/compliance guideline adherences and MedForce policies/procedures
Manage and maintain contracting for all levels HCP’s within branded speaker bureau inclusive of KOL’s, National, Regional and Local tiered speakers.
Facilitate development of all project activities, including faculty recruitment and ongoing communication, audience generation, content development, logistics management, registration/participant communication, production of materials, supplier performance, and central file management.
Assist in training new program team members as required.
Learn, understand and adhere to all operating company guidelines and ensure they are communicated, understood and followed by team members
Adhere to all internal policies and procedures.
Maintain time management skills
Budget/Report Management /Oversight/Provision of various report types:
• Budget Details
• Budget Breakdown
• Speaker Usage
• Coordinator Counts
Administer Client Reporting on a Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Basis
Team Training and Workload Management
Coordinate with Project Director for Project Set up and Process Development
Update/create internal SOP’s per project and review with coordinator team members
Coordinate Training and communication development of project specific information/directives
Management & Retention of Speaker Contracting, and FMV Documentations
Maintenance & Retention of Speaker CV’s & Bios
Monitoring of Speaker Usage & Capping guidelines
Maintenance, recording and retention of client provided Speaker ID’s & CMS #’s
Management and Verifications of Regional, District and or Territorial Budget Allocations
Management of Compliancy Reporting, Verifications and Uploading
Management and development of program/project Reconciliation procedures
Management and Provision off EOY Project Reconciliation & Verifications
Administrate any Project Audits in coordination with Project Director and Finance
A bachelor’s degree is required.
3-5 years of relevant management experience with a provider and/or experience in a healthcare medical education environment is required.
Proficiency in MS-Office, Excel & Outlook
Superior customer service and organizational skills
Exceptional attention to detail
Ability to prioritize and multi-task while working under tight deadlines
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of multiple medical education programs in varying service types (full service to speaker only) from inception to completion. It is recommended that coordinators have previous meeting planning experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and knowledge of state & federal regulated compliancy guidelines as well as those dictated by the specific operating company.
• Receive and organize files from Project Coordinators
• Follow up on missing documentation/receipts with Speakers, Sales Force and Vendors
• Reconcile expenses for individual program folders
• Adhere to corporate compliancy guidelines
• Update database records
* Status Updates
• Monitor database records using administrative reports:
* Program Reports
* Speaker Reports
• Assist Project Coordinators with project specific tasks inclusive of:
* Mail Merges
* Filing, copying, collating, faxing, e-mailing,
* Packaging fulfillment
* FedEx distribution
• Post program material follow up
* Follow up includes communications with all parties
• Sales Force
• Venue/Audio Visuals
• Data Entry
• Payment Processing
• Scanning & uploading of meeting documents
• Ensure accuracy in work prior to submitting programs to finance department.
• Previous Office experience preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience in database management
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and as a valued team member
• Practical knowledge of basic bookkeeping/accounting
• Arrange for fulfillment of information packages, invitations etc. to clients.
• Follow up communications to the client; including, phone calls, confirmations, faxing, preparation/completion of documentation, as well as liaising with other departments.
• Adherence to standard operating procedures and informed compliance guidelines.
• Associate degree or equivalent education and work experience